The time we spend with our children is gold. Although many times parents do not think of how to spend that time with children, it is always advisable choose between fun and educational alternatives. It is possible to spend an excellent afternoon, playing with children, and at the same time to enhance their abilities.
In this context, one of the most important skills to develop, that contributes more and above all that combines fun with education, it is memory.
Benefits of Memory Games
- Improve concentration: the memory games make each participant watchful and eliminate the distractors to, for example, detect the matches between pieces of a puzzle and thus assemble the combinations. With technological progress, it is very common that today children are increasingly dispersed by the excess of audiovisual stimuli they receive, so a memory game will help you focus your brain activity and shore up your efforts on a single goal.
- Improve visual memory: Does it cost your child to remember what he reads? There is no better solution for this inconvenience than to help you stimulate your own memory. The visual memory it is the one that allows to register the things that have been captured through the sense of vision.
- Increase Attention: The stimulus of solving a memory game allows centralize attention and stay focused on the resolution of the game.
- Help to Think faster: Many of the memory games work against the clock, or with a certain "pressure" that forces participants to solve more quickly the obstacles that arise, which is beneficial to accelerate mental agility and decision making.
Games to exercise the memory of Children
Although children will naturally and progressively develop their memory skills, whether through the senses, attention, observation or different skills, any help is positive. These are some games that will help the development of memory in children:
- Association cards: to develop mainly his visual memory. First all cards are shown face up and then placed face down. The goal is for them to remember where the two cards are the same.
- Videos: Kids love watching animated movies, over and over again. It can be a good practice, in which we can encourage you to learn the songs, the dialogues or the way of speaking of the characters … and then ask them questions!
- Online games: Online memory and logic games They are of the most varied, and often stimulate several cognitive areas at the same time, combining skill, memory and technology.
- Visiting: You can take advantage of any visit we make with a child, to make it a good memory exercise. Challenge him by challenging him to remember what elements were in a room or place they had visited.
- Puzzles: Recommended to be bright colors and few pieces, to stimulate your visual memory. As we mentioned, to choose the pieces that fit, they must have memorized what part of the drawing is missing.
After knowing these benefits, it is clear that Memory games can be one of the best options for children, not only to entertain them, but also to stimulate them, so when you have to make a gift to a child, you already know that you can include a game of this type in the list of possibilities.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!